Monday, December 19, 2005

Music - NME's Top 20 tracks of 2005

1. The White Stripes - 'Blue Orchid'
2. Arctic Monkeys - 'I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor'
3. Arcade Fire - 'Rebellion (Lies)'
4. Maximo Park - 'Apply Some Pressure'
5. Kaiser Chiefs - 'Oh My God'
6. Franz Ferdinand - 'Do You Want To'
7. The Rakes - '22 Grand Job'
8. Gorillaz - 'Dare'
9. Bloc Party - 'Two More Years'
10. We Are Scientists - 'The Great Escape'
11. Editors - 'Munich'
12. The Futureheads - 'Area'
13. The Strokes - 'Juicebox'
14. LCD Soundsystem - 'Daft Punk Is Playing At My House'
15. The White Stripes - 'My Doorbell'
16. The Bravery - 'An Honest Mistake'
17. Queens Of The Stone Age - 'In My Head'
18. Arctic Monkeys - 'Fake Tales Of San Francisco'
19. Babyshambles - 'Fuck Forever'
20. Hard-Fi - 'Hard To Beat'


I'd want to see respect given also to:
  • Hard Fi - 'Tied Up Too Tight'
  • The Tears - 'Refugees'
  • Hal - 'Play the Hits'
  • Jake Benilov - 'Russia's Cold'
  • Gorillaz - 'Feel Good Inc.'
  • Ben Folds - 'Landed'
  • The Futureheads - 'Hounds of Love'
  • Tony Rudd - 'Machadaynu'
  • The Mules - 'Redeemer'
Still can't help the feeling it's been a slim year. Anything to add?

1 comment:

Jake said...

It's clearly a lean year when a Benilov track gets a shoutout. But I agree - it's been a disappointing year both musically and filmically.