Thursday, November 17, 2005

Music - Last requests

Nothing tops the sheer class of being mourned to the sound of the Eastenders theme tune... I also like how people can't seem to make the distinction between a wedding and a funeral.

I've always toyed with the idea fo bumming out those at my funeral ever further by asking for Smog's Permanent Smile to be played, but now i'm leaning towards Jeff Buckley's Mojo Pin.

[Below is the first attempt to extend the Mew into a 2nd dimension; you should be able to hear a MIDI play in the background. If you hear nothing and you're using Mozilla, try it with IE - Ed]

2 comments:

Savs said...

All through my teens I was determined to go out to Bowie's "Rock n Roll Suicide"... I imagined the crowds blubbing as the Dame shrieked "You're not alone!"

Now I'd pick some gospel, probably white-based. If i bite it tomorrow, Jay, play Bob Dylan's "Pressing On" from the "Saved" album.

Savs said...

Of the list, the following would - I think - melt my sentimental little heart:

7 You’ll Never Walk Alone - Gerry and the Pacemakers
10 We’ll Meet Again - Dame Vera Lynn

The following would make me claw at the coffin lid in disgust:

3 Angels - Robbie Williams
6 I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston
8 Over The Rainbow - Eva Cassidy